Posted on

Raised Flower Bed

As a part of our upcycling project we have built a new raised flower bed for our day services at Outreach3way in Ifield. 

Work began by finding 6 suitable pallets from our donated pile:

The top layer were turned upside down and the central bars removed. The removed pieces were used to make walls around the inside perimeter. We then lined the inside with some old plastic sheeting.
The next step was to add two horizontal boards to each side to act as mount for the vertical pieces.
With the sides completed it was time to find some broad boards for the top. For these we used some old joists.
With a coat of paint the work was completed.